Tuesday, October 03, 2006

guh...

So tonight i biked to the teeny Brazilian Market in Echigawa. I spent about thirty minutes wandering the three entire shelves and freezer section, debating which goods to purchase today and which to wait on till later. I filled my basket, returned a few items to the shelves, grabbed some new ones and finally settled on the highlights - cornbread, black beans, popcorn, frozen brocoli. I was thrilled. Then on my way to my friend Shannon's house i stopped off to pick up dinner. In my haste and laziness, and continuing in my overtrusingness of Japan, i left the bag of groceries in my bike basket. When i returned, not much more than five minutes later, it was gone. Someone decided they didnt' need my bike, or my umbrella (which they left in the basket) but that they needed my amazing brazilian groceries. Honestly! i dont know who i'm more mad at, the theif or myself. I also dont know if i should punish myself by not getting more groceries from the expensive Brazilian Market or not.

This entire episode coincided with my first McDonald's meal in Japan. Maybe it was just karma.

1 comment:

rachelring said...

sorry. i'd probably cry. that always seems to work at home. and you call me obsessed with blogging.....talk to you later catherine.