Wednesday, November 01, 2006

To Everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn... or how i finally noticed time flying

I can't believe its really November. I'm beginning to experience the first expressions of a chilly fall here in Shiga. I am drinking tea and eating Chicken Wildrice soup. I'm wearing leg warmers. I desperately wished i'd thought of wearing a jacket on my bike ride to work today. I bought a new 100 Yen store scarf.

In other news, I actually worked for 4 straight hours (taught 4 classes) today, and am looking forward to 5 tomorrow! The kids finally figured out that witches and ghosts aren't all you can be for Halloween - you can dress up as Sensei's too, and they picked some good ones. I'm preparing Thanksgiving decorations, which makes me sad for the Holidays to come but thrilled at the possibility of eating thanksgiving dinner with friends here, meeting Molly in India for Christmas and New Years, snow and the Sapporro Snow Festival in February and much more.

Tonight i'm going to Shannon's to watch the tape of Grey's Anatomy her parents have been dutifully recording for her. I have no idea if we'll maintain self control and watch only the first episode, or go for the whole tape. Its a four day week so tomorrow i can usher in the weekend. Friday i'm going to Pants' for a fun-filled weekend of karaoke, eating, drinking wine, shopping, meeting her Mie friends, and whatever else fabulous we come up with. Things are looking good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em,

Happy to hear you're enjoying simultaneous hours of work! Whoot-whoot! Sounds like you have some fun plans for the weekend. We enjoyed lots of trick-or-treaters last night...ghosts, pirates, hockey players, princesses, daffy duck...you name it! But it was cold, about 38! BRR! So less kids than usual. Miss you hon...
mom