Saturday, December 09, 2006

THANK YOU!

Today was a blessed day. I had two deliveries from the yubinkyoku (post office): my visa for india and a Christmas package from my parents. The former carried with it good tidings - finally our hotel reservations and flights are arranged and booked and i can start worrying about the weather and what suitcase to pack in. The latter filled my belly with sweetness (mmm puppychow. and only the beginning) and my heart with love.

Then i finally got dressed around 3 and headed to my friend Nick's for a gourmet french feast, arriving early enough to whip up some creme brulee. Nick wowed a fairly large crowd (13 is alot for a japanese apartment) with coq au vin, beef bourguigon, potatoes dauphinois and crepes suzette. Candice added to the dessert pile with some fabulous chocolate mousse (made with tofu) and we had enough different kinds of Bordeaux to have our own sampling. All in all a fabulous evening, and the kind of night i haven't been able to enjoy since coming to Japan - cooking, eating, laughing, drinking, cleaning, sitting, talking, and more laughing. and then ditching out before the last round of cleaning.

Thanks to Nick and Merico for the lovely night, to my family and the Josephsons for the Christmas treats, and to the Indian Embassy in Tokyo for getting my visa processed on time!

No comments: