Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel-vision? - a little too obsessed with sakura






So its true, lately i have been a little bit mono-maniacal when it comes to sakura. They tell me i have only days to enjoy it. They tell me i'm lucky it came at all, considering the late march frosts and snow. They invite me to hanami (flower viewing parties) and point me in the directions of sakura ice cream and tea and honey and bubble bath. They continue to feed the beast.

This weekend, as i've already written about, i went to see sakura at Himeji and in Kyoto. Then i started the journey around Aisho and discovered that maybe i didn't need to get on a train and travel 2 hours to see the beauty of spring. So of course i took three different bike and car trips to enjoy and photograph the cherry blossoms.

And now i hear the upcoming cold weather, while depressing my spirits, will keep the sakura a few days longer. I think that light keeps getting further and further away.


No comments: