Thursday, August 31, 2006

I really do marvel at this place i live in. I can honestly say that, save some morning bike rides to work when i haven't had enough coffee, i have yet to leave my apartment without thinking about the beauty of my town. Yesterday morning a thick fog was setting in, hovering around the mountains and sending a cool breeze through the air. The sun was no where to be seen, not even rays beaming out through a veil of clouds. Moisture hung around me on the spokes of my bicycle, the stalks of the rice fields, the leaves of the trees. The day didn't just look wildly beautiful, but felt it too. It was mystical.

By the afternoon the sun had dried up the fog and the mist and left the day bright and luminous. A farmer decided to take advantage of the dry heat and begin harvesting his field of rice. This morning surely i will pass a new flat golden yellow plot amidst the fields of green. It will be beautiful.

1 comment:

rachelring said...

jealous. i just see buildings. and burning weeds. i did see a nice sunset the other day, but that was from a train...i don't think that counts.